EALING ART GROUP

ARCHIVES

ealingartgroup@gmail.com

Sketching group in the Templeton King Room of Christchuch School - 1980s.           Jane Harding

Logo 30-10-2014 10;36;06 21-11-2014 07;07;50

Look at those prices! For those who don't remember pre-decimal money:

£3.3.0d = £3.30p.  And in those days, because there was a certain status in pricing goods such as art in guineas: £3.3.0d = 3 guineas.

30-10-2014 11;09;42 25-11-2014 08;29;09

Our original logo, chosen when the group was formed in 1910. It's based on a carving on a bench, which can still be seen in Walpole Park. It was replaced in the 1970s with this:

25-11-2014 08;31;03

And in the 1990s EAG member Peter Averson-Maunder  designed the current logo.

Logo

 

 

lw_elhc_603_624x544 lw_elhc_395_624x544 lw_elhc_m20_624x544 (1) lw_elhc_595_slide

                         The Brent, Greenford  1980s           Southall High Street 1901

                                 Norwood Green 1896                     Pitshanger Lane 1975

'The Queen of Time' as the clock is called, was designed and sculpted by Gilbert Bayes RA, who was President of Ealing Art Group during the 1940s.                                                  

DSCF4354 history_icon